Senior Account Executive (Advisor Channel) - All Regions
Common Wealth offers an award-winning digital retirement platform that helps Canadians achieve their goals. We are driven by our mission to help all Canadians achieve financial security in retirement. Common Wealth makes it easy to plan, save, and build a reliable retirement income – so our members can feel confident about their financial future. Common Wealth is the trusted retirement plan provider to a rapidly growing number of businesses, non-profits, associations, and unions across the country, and works in collaboration with benefits advisors, HR platforms, and other valued partners. Our team is growing to continue to support the lives of many Canadians through our mission. We are currently looking for a Senior Account Executive to bring a better retirement solution to Canadian employers and their employees. If you are curious, feel free to click here to read more about us at Common Wealth.
What you will do:
- Drive revenue generation: The senior account executive is responsible for driving revenue growth through promotion of Common Wealth’s product with advisor/broker partners and the employer clients they serve. You will manage the growth and revenue output of a territory of potential clients and advisor partners. Cultivating and supporting relationships with advisor/broker partners to drive adoption of the Common Wealth solution with their clients is something you feel excited about. You will assist in developing broker/advisor-focused sales collateral and resources to enable advisors to sell Common Wealth’s product.
- Client and partner relationships management: You are responsible for the overall client experience, retention and profitability for Common Wealth’s employer clients. You will own and manage relationships with employer plan sponsors, working in consultation with their advisor partners. You will work with various departments within Common Wealth, but especially with your colleagues on the Customer Success and Operations teams to manage plan changes, fee negotiations, onboarding and education for plan sponsors.
Who you are:
- Proven record of building strong internal and external relationships in the group retirement industry: You have experience working with advisors/brokers and have relationships to help the team at Common Wealth scale the users we can service.
- Sales pro: You have demonstrated success in influencing partners and clients to drive revenue growth and profitability. You have managed your own pipeline of sales opportunities and have consistently met or exceeded revenue targets.
- Gritty problem solver: You have worked in environments where there is a level of ambiguity and initiative is required to achieve results. You are able to figure things out on your own and move work forward without a well-defined process in place. People describe you as adaptable in your ability to execute. You are comfortable asking questions to gain insights and then make your own decisions about how to move something forward. If the environment changes, you’re able to be persistent in achieving your intended outcomes.
- Client and relationship focused: You understand how to work alongside clients to help them achieve their goals. You place a strong value on building relationships with stakeholders, both external and internal to the organization. Internally, we have an incredibly collaborative culture, and you appreciate having multiple people and teams involved in your work.
- Passion for helping Canadians build a more financially secure retirement: Regardless of department, the common theme amongst our culture is that employees share a passion for disrupting an industry and providing value to Canadians when it comes to their retirement. You feel inspired by working for an impact-focused, start-up organization that is challenging the status quo.
- Show up and add value: You have often been referred to as someone who acts with integrity. This looks like you always do what you say you are going to do by when you said you would have it done, or you make a new promise and always finish what you started. You show up on time and ensure to respect everyone’s time – this can sometimes mean ending a meeting early if appropriate. Last but certainly not least, you conduct yourself professionally and always use manners. Although this sounds simple you understand the impact of saying please and thank you.
Why work with us:
Working at Common Wealth provides you with the opportunity to work in a well-funded start-up that is changing the lives of Canadians. Joining our sales team is a unique opportunity to not only do impact-focused work, but be able to grow quickly as the business scales. You’ll be working in a flat organization that values collaboration. As a result, you’ll have a lot of exposure to many different parts of the business. If you value taking ownership over your role and working with a team who is rigorous about execution, your career progression is well supported.
This role offers a competitive salary of $100,000 + sales-based commission; the target total compensation is around $170,000. You will also have access to health and dental benefits, an additional Health Spending Account, a 5% RRSP matching program, and 4 weeks of vacation. Our team is currently working remotely, and we plan to continue that practice into the future. We have an office in downtown Toronto for those who prefer to work from the office. Our growing team combines deep expertise in the key disciplines necessary to help our customers achieve retirement success.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. We look forward to hearing from you!