What paperwork is required for joining the plan?

As the plan sponsor, employers are required to sign two agreements. The first agreement is a Sponsor Agreement with the plan custodian, Canadian Western Trust Company (CWT). The agreement outlines the roles and responsibilities of each party. For example, it outlines that CWT is responsible for holding and safeguarding the assets of plan members and for maintaining the registration of the plan with the CRA.

The second agreement is a Service and Fee Agreement with Common Wealth, the plan administrator (and provider). This agreement details your responsibilities as the plan sponsor, as well as Common Wealth’s. For example, obligations related to communications, administration, fund access, fees, and privacy of information are outlined in the agreement.

Stay Connected

Sign up today to get the latest retirement savings advice delivered straight to your inbox


Find what you’re looking for:

We use cookies on our website so we can continually improve your online experience. Cookies allow us to have an overview of your visit so we can ensure you get the most relevant information.