Senior Customer Success Specialist
At Common Wealth, we are driven by our mission to help all Canadians achieve financial security in retirement. Through our award-winning digital retirement platform, Common Wealth makes it easy to plan, save, and build a reliable retirement income – so our members can feel confident about their financial future. As Canada’s only retirement fintech, Common Wealth is the trusted group retirement plan provider to a rapidly growing number of businesses, non-profits, and other groups across the country, and works in collaboration with benefits advisors, HR platforms, and other valued partners. Our team is growing to continue to improve the financial security of more and more Canadians. We are looking for a Senior Customer Success Specialist to join our team and make significant contributions to ensure our employers are getting the most out of their workplace retirement plan, receive expert administration support, and are provided with an exceptional experience. We are looking for someone with employer experience and exposure to/experience with the member side. If you are curious, feel free to click here to read more about us at Common Wealth.
What you will do:
- Deep understanding of the employer lifecycle to influence a positive experience. You have relevant industry experience (group retirement space is a key asset) to quickly gain a deep understanding of the plan in order to be able to problem solve and influence a positive employer experience. You will be working alongside your manager (Senior Director of Operations) and the other members of the customer success team to support each employer through complex administrative and technical situations. You will act as a subject matter expert within the Customer Success team to support our employer sponsors, which involves both onboarding and ongoing technical support to ensure the delivery of an exceptional employer experience. We have a robust employer administrative dashboard that you will be navigating and proactively triaging any issues that come up. Providing exceptional client service over multiple communication channels such as phone, chat and email while updating the case tracking system are tasks you can expect to execute on an everyday basis.
- Improve the Customer Success department. As a fast-growing organization, there are continuous opportunities to add value internally to our department. For example, you will be asked to aid in building out the tools to support our clients by creating client support collateral such as FAQs and training videos. You will work cross-functionally with various teams within the organization to ensure alignment of client support. Internal features are being rolled out constantly, and you will need to make sure you have processes and procedures documented and set up. You will be the first to identify problems and/or risks that may prevent clients from getting the most out of the product and recommending opportunities to address their problems.
- Facilitate onboarding activities. Hands-on onboarding activities are a breeze for you. You have a good understanding of data and plan design requirements in order to capture and customize the onboarding process for our various employers and their employees. A major part of being successful is working with various people within the organization, such as the onboarding lead and sales team to ensure timelines are met and employers receive an exceptional onboarding experience. You will provide ongoing maintenance and support to employers in their role as administrator. Some onboarding activities include speaking with new employers to support them with their administration role. You will be required to understand the new employer and support using PowerPoint presentations, demos, and 1-1 conversations.
- Improve adoption of the platform. Upon completion of the various onboarding activities, you will be responsible for making sure clients are deriving value from the product. You are a pro when it comes to the backend operations work. You love working with our dashboards and analyzing data and usage patterns in order to get a better understanding of where the gaps and opportunities may be. You will be troubleshooting, problem solving, and diagnosing technical issues while escalating problems to relevant internal parties as necessary.
Who you are:
- Attention to detail. Your attention to detail is often what sets you apart from others. You’re meticulous in how you plan, organize, track and monitor projects and data. You will be using your attention to detail skills regularly in your everyday work.
- Problem solver. You enjoy solving problems in order to help the user better leverage the product and manage their administrative duties. You thrive when looking through dashboards and analyzing feedback to understand user activities and devise a plan to improve the client experience. You consistently demonstrate ownership over your role – this can mean triaging the problem to the proper people in order to help you solve the issue.
- Technologically inclined. You are able to adapt to various technologies and have often been referred to as someone who can learn new systems quickly. We work with Microsoft, ZenDesk, Hubspot, and a variety of other systems.
- Customer-driven. Your work will be very closely tied to our customers to inform decision-making for Common Wealth and the product. You are great at balancing the current and future needs of the business while producing results for our customers. You listen well and know how to put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Effective communicator. You can easily impact and engage with a range of people both internal and external, while masterfully personalizing your approach in order to reach your goal. You are able to summarize and communicate your thoughts very clearly with a broad range of stakeholders. You are professional and courteous in your communication style with a diverse group of people, including both employers and plan members, as well other external and internal stakeholders. You always use your best judgment of what you can and can’t advise on when creating solutions for clients.
- You are comfortable with the unknown. We are a fast-growing company and often have a variety of priorities at one time which change frequently. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve. You thrive in uncertainty and are able to help bring organization to the customer success department. You are continually honing your craft and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
Why work with us:
Common Wealth is a fast-growing company with a mission to change the lives of Canadians. Joining our team will allow you the opportunity to have first-hand experience shaping and influencing key decisions about the organization. You will have a great amount of autonomy in your job and how you organize your day-to-day. You will be joining a team of like-minded mission driven disruptors who want to improve the Canadian retirement landscape. This role offers a competitive salary of $70-80k, you will receive health and dental benefits, life insurance, an additional Health Spending Account, a 5% employer match into one of our award-winning group retirement plans, and four weeks of vacation. Our team currently operates using a flexible, hybrid work model with the option for remote work. We have an office in downtown Toronto for those who prefer to work from the office. Our growing team combines deep expertise in the key disciplines necessary to help our customers achieve retirement success. We have also formed partnerships with world-class investment and annuities providers, including BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, and Brookfield Annuity, a leading provider of group annuities.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply through the application, and if you would like to reach out, you can email email@example.com.