Account Executive - Vancouver
Common Wealth offers an award-winning digital retirement platform that helps Canadians achieve their goals. We are driven by our mission to help all Canadians achieve financial security in retirement. Common Wealth makes it easy to plan, save, and build a reliable retirement income – so our members can feel confident about their financial future. Common Wealth is the trusted retirement plan provider to a rapidly growing number of businesses, non-profits, associations, and unions across the country, and works in collaboration with benefits advisors, HR platforms, and other valued partners. We are currently looking for an Account Executive to bring a better retirement solution to Canadian employers and their employees in B.C. You will be reporting to our Director, Employer Solutions and working closely with our Marketing and Operations team. Click here to read more about us.
What you will do:
- Grow Common Wealth’s sales in B.C.: You will be responsible for driving revenue growth through promotion of Common Wealth’s product with advisor partners and the employer clients they serve. You will manage the growth and revenue output of a territory of potential clients and advisor partners in B.C.
- Full-cycle B2B sales: You will manage a pipeline of potential customers, running a full B2B sales cycle for employers seeking to implement a retirement plan for their organization.
- Build channel partner relationships: You will develop and foster strong relationships with advisor partners in your region to drive leads and opportunities with their client base.
Who you are:
- Skilled salesperson: From a sales perspective you might be intermediate in your skill set, but your mindset resembles a senior sales pro. You may currently be working with the title Account Executive or have an outstanding track record as a Business Development Representative or other sales-focused role. SaaS experience is a plus! We are looking for someone to come in and take charge of a quota-carrying role and execute on deepening relationships and closing sales.
- Show up and add value: You have often been referred to as someone who acts with integrity. This looks like always doing what you say you are going to do by when you said you would have it done, or you make a new promise and always finish what you started. You show up on time and ensure to respect everyone’s time – this can sometimes mean ending a meeting early if appropriate. Last but certainly not least, you conduct yourself professionally and always use manners. Although this sounds simple, you understand the impact of saying please and thank you.
- Gritty problem solver: You have worked in environments where there is a level of ambiguity and initiative is required to achieve results. You can figure things out on your own and move work forward without a well-defined process in place. People describe you as adaptable in your ability to execute. You are comfortable asking questions to gain insights and then make your own decisions about how to move something forward. If the environment changes, you’re able to be persistent in achieving your intended outcomes.
- Client and relationship focused: You have worked in a sales role, or have significant client-facing experience in delivery, customer success, and/or consulting. You understand how to work alongside clients to help them achieve their goals. You place a strong value on building relationships with stakeholders both external and internal to the organization. Internally, we have an incredibly collaborative culture, and you appreciate having multiple people and teams involved in your work.
- Passion for helping Canadians build a more financially secure retirement: Regardless of department, the common theme amongst our culture is that employees share a passion for disrupting an industry and providing value to Canadians when it comes to their retirement. You feel inspired by working for an impact-focused, fast-growing organization that is challenging the status quo.
Why work with us:
Common Wealth is a fast-growing company with a mission to change the lives of Canadians. Joining our team will allow you the opportunity to have firsthand experience shaping and influencing key decisions about the organization. You will have a great amount of autonomy in your job and how you organize your day-to-day. You will be joining a team of like-minded mission-driven disruptors who want to improve the Canadian retirement landscape. This role offers a competitive total compensation of around $120k or more. You will receive health and dental benefits, life insurance, an additional Health Spending Account, a 5% employer match into one of our award-winning group retirement plans, and four weeks of vacation. We are a remote-friendly workplace with an office in downtown Toronto.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. We look forward to hearing from you!