Member Success Manager
Common Wealth offers an award-winning digital retirement platform that helps Canadians achieve their goals. We are driven by our mission: to make it possible for everyone to achieve financial security in retirement. Common Wealth makes it easy to plan, save, and build a reliable retirement income – so our members can feel confident about their financial future. Common Wealth has earned many awards and global recognition for its innovation in plan design.
Our team is growing to continue to support the lives of many Canadians through our mission. We are looking for a Member Success Manager within the Customer Success team to join and make a significant contribution to ensure our plan members achieve the maximum benefit from our platform. If you are curious, feel free to click here to read more about us at Common Wealth.
What you will do:
- Identify opportunities with each plan member: You will lead the proactive engagement with plan members to ensure all potential opportunities are being executed. This looks like using internal tools and systems to spotlight information that is worth digging into deeper and executing on the opportunities. You have the ability to quickly analyze data to make informed decisions about where to explore possible opportunities to promote the plan. One of your regular tasks to spot areas of opportunity includes conducting regular health check-ups for members to help them get the most out of their plan and meet their retirement goals. During these check-ups you are gathering feedback and information that will help inform future business decisions – exploring, analyzing and executing enhancements to the customer journey to ensure an exceptional outcome. Although you will not provide plan members with financial advice, we do expect that you understand the retirement savings environment and the various regulations, compliance and CRA reporting guidelines to be able to have a more in-depth conversation with the member. You are required to proactively look for areas to build out member success.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience: You are confident in your ability to not only execute the tasks that require an outstanding customer experience, but you also can easily identify opportunities to continue to improve the experience. You will be held accountable to metrics that showcase how this role influences the customer experience. Currently, we measure our member success rate using enrollment and retention numbers, satisfaction survey results, and transaction processing time. We would like you to utilize your expertise in building out and developing ways to measure success and ensure outcomes are being met. We at Common Wealth recognize the importance of having a great reputation – you are excited by that thinking and excel at maintaining and enhancing the fantastic reputation that Common Wealth currently has. One of our values at Common Wealth is to continue to learn and improve. With that you will participate in regular reviews, lessons learned and other retrospectives to ensure personalized approaches continue to meet plan member needs and expectations.
- Work collaboratively with various teams within Common Wealth: You have worked with teams such as sales, marketing and product to achieve business goals. You will collaborate with sales regularly on the employer side to provide assistance to help close or support as needed. You will be answering and responding appropriately to operational and procedural inquiries from current retirement plan members via inbound/outbound calls in order to identify and/or close a sales opportunity. Along with marketing, you will be helping to strategize key messaging and supports that the marketing department can utilize to help move the business forward. Your knowledge of plan members will also help inform the Product team with regards to membership needs and experience.
Who you are:
- Client and relationship focused: You have worked in a sales role, or have significant client-facing experience in delivery, customer success, and/or consulting. You understand how to work alongside clients to help them achieve their goals. You place a strong value on building relationships with stakeholders both external and internal to the organization. Internally, we have an incredibly collaborative culture, and you appreciate having multiple people and teams involved in your work.
- Knowledge and comfort within the financial sector: You’ve likely spent most of your career in the financial sector, and you have experience that makes you passionate about creating true customer value within the retirement industry. You understand the priorities of our members and how they align with our mission at Common Wealth. Feel free to click here to read more about the value of a good pension.
- Show up and add value: You have often been referred to as someone who acts with integrity. This looks like you always do what you say you are going to do by when you said you would have it done, or you make a new promise and always finish what you started. You show up on time and ensure to respect everyone’s time – this can sometimes mean ending a meeting early if appropriate. Last but certainly not least, you conduct yourself professionally and always use manners. Although this sounds simple, you understand the impact of saying please and thank you.
- Gritty problem-solver: You have worked in environments where there is a level of ambiguity and initiative is required to achieve results. You can figure things out on your own and move work forward without a well-defined process in place. People describe you as adaptable in your ability to execute. You are comfortable asking questions to gain insights and then make your own decisions about how to move something forward. If the environment changes, you’re able to be persistent in achieving your intended outcomes.
- Passion for helping Canadians build a more financially secure retirement: Regardless of department, the common theme amongst our culture is that employees share a passion for disrupting an industry and providing value to Canadians when it comes to building a retirement plan for life. You inherently understand how a good retirement plan creates millions of dollars in value. You feel inspired by working for an impact-focused, fast-growing organization that is challenging the status quo.
- Process-oriented: You realize that taking the time to pay attention to building a process that is repeatable will reward you in the end. You enjoy looking at the specifics of every situation because you know the value it provides. Evidence-based decision-making is where you are most comfortable.
Why work with us:
Common Wealth is a high-growth fintech with a mission that is improving the lives of Canadians. Joining our Customer Success team will allow you the opportunity to have firsthand experience shaping and influencing key decisions about the customer experience. You will have a good amount of autonomy in your job and how you organize your day-to-day. You will be joining a team of like-minded mission-driven disruptors who want to improve the Canadian retirement landscape. In addition to a competitive salary of a total target compensation around 120k made up of the base salary and variable pay, you will receive health and dental benefits, an additional Health Spending Account, a 5% employer match program to one of our award-winning retirement plans, and four weeks of vacation. We are a remote-friendly workplace with an office in downtown Toronto for collaborative in-person work and those who prefer to work from the office.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply through the application, and if you would like to reach out, you can email email@example.com.