Head of Sales
Common Wealth offers an award-winning digital retirement platform that helps Canadians achieve their goals. We are driven by our mission to help all Canadians achieve financial security in retirement. Common Wealth makes it easy to plan, save, and build a reliable retirement income – so our members can feel confident about their financial future. Common Wealth is the trusted retirement plan provider to a rapidly growing number of businesses, non-profits, associations, and unions across the country, and works in collaboration with benefits advisors, HR platforms, and other valued partners. Our team is growing to continue to support the lives of many Canadians through our mission. We are currently looking for a Head of Sales to develop and expand the current sales function. If you are curious, feel free to click here to read more about us at Common Wealth.
What you will do:
- Scale the sales function at Common Wealth: Taking current teams and structures and scaling them to a new level is what you think you are best at. You have a proven track record of growing sales teams to meet the current and future needs of the business. This will include creating and executing sales strategies, as well as implementing both best practices systems and tools to support the data and analytics collection that will help our team to achieve the vision. With a strong sense of Common Wealth’s purpose, you will work collaboratively. You will build and execute a sales strategy and budget that supports our business targets and goals.
- Increase revenue through sales function: You are accountable for driving revenue across the entire sales function of the organization. You encourage a blend of traditional relationships and focused sales strategies, while incorporating a more modern data and analytics approach. You can see the benefits of both and enjoy being able to utilize each strategy to get the best result. You will be reporting to one of the CEOs and providing regular updates and can easily spot when the sales team will not be able to achieve their goals, and work to remove any barriers and support in helping the team. You will ultimately be held accountable for how the sales function is performing.
- Act as a strong people manager: Growing the sales team with strategy top of mind will be your responsibility. You enjoy providing your people with direction not only in terms of their individual growth plans, but also strategic guidance and industry sales training. You are an expert in your own right when it comes to individual contributor sales work, and while you may be required to step into that role once in a while, you enjoy training others to step into their roles and become sales experts. You will constantly be on the lookout for top talent in the market, and when it is appropriate based on the hiring plan you come up with in combination with our Director of People, you will grow your team.
Who you are:
- Strong people leader: Something you enjoy doing regularly is thinking about the people who report to you. You enjoy getting to know what motivates them, development plans, and what their careers might look like over the next little bit of time. Having regular one-on-ones and building relationships with the people who report to you while holding them accountable and having difficult conversation when necessary to help the department and company achieve their goals are work you enjoy doing.
- Strive for continuous improvement: You will drive continuous improvements within the sales department in order to help Common Wealth achieve its business goals. You will constantly evaluate our current sales development lifecycle to improve revenue, identify gaps, and increase efficiencies. Common Wealth has strong values, one of which is continual improvement. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback in order to better improve the sales department.
- Data focused: You enjoy gathering, analyzing and using data to increase productivity, and ensuring the sales department is delivering its goals to push the business goals forward. It is natural for you to evaluate new opportunities and understand how they might fit into the larger context of revenue and business goals. You have worked with or heard of tools like Wingman, and other data analytics tools.
- Industry experience: You have experience in the retirement/financial space and a network that you can bring into the organization and help you and your team excel further faster.
- Attention to detail: Your attention to detail is often what sets you apart from others. You’re meticulous in how you plan, organize, track and monitor projects and data. You will be using your attention to detail skills regularly in your everyday work.
- You are an effective communicator: You can easily impact and engage with a range of people both internal and external, while masterfully personalizing your approach in order to reach your goal. You are able to summarize and communicate your thoughts very clearly with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Show up and add value: You have often been referred to as someone who acts with integrity. This looks like you always do what you say you are going to do by when you said you would have it done, or you make a new promise and always finish what you started. You show up on time and ensure to respect everyone’s time – this can sometimes mean ending a meeting early if appropriate. Last but certainly not least, you conduct yourself professionally and always use manners. Although this sounds simple, you understand the impact of saying please and thank you.
Why work with us:
Common Wealth is a fast-growing company with a mission to change the lives of Canadians. Joining our team will allow you the opportunity to have firsthand experience shaping and influencing key decisions about the organization. You will have a great amount of autonomy in your job and how you organize your day-to-day. You will be joining a team of like-minded mission-driven disruptors who want to improve the Canadian retirement landscape. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive health and dental benefits, life insurance, an additional Health Spending Account, a 5% employer match into one of our award-winning group retirement plans, and four weeks of vacation. We are a remote-friendly workplace with an office in downtown Toronto for those who prefer to work from the office.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. We look forward to hearing from you!