Customer Success Manager (Employers)
Who is Common Wealth Retirement?
Common Wealth Retirement is a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company aimed at helping Canadians of all income levels achieve a financially secure retirement without having to become a financial expert. Our award-winning digital retirement platform makes it easy to set up an automated, personalized retirement plan that delivers 2-3x more value than a typical RRSP.
We believe that the financial services industry has made saving and planning for retirement harder than it needs to be, through a combination of high fees, unnecessary complexity, and the failure to put the customer at the centre. You can make a difference by providing access to a higher quality retirement plan to Canadians regardless of how much they earn or where they work.
Common Wealth Retirement offers a customer-first approach to retirement planning. We’ve cut the jargon, lowered fees, streamlined the user experience, and incorporated expert financial strategies to simplify the process of planning, saving, and generating income in retirement.
We offer our retirement plans through employers, membership-based organizations, and other partnerships.
Why are we hiring a Customer Success Manager (Employers)? And why would you be interested in this role?
We are currently looking for a Customer Success Manager (Employers) who will drive the successful implementation of our retirement plans for participating employers. Our goal is to guide and support employers through a straightforward onboarding process, so they know what to expect and have the information they need to ensure their employees are educated and enrolled, and payroll deductions are implemented. Your success metrics will include employer satisfaction, employee participation and contribution rates, distribution partner satisfaction, and the degree to which employees use their Common Wealth plan as a true “retirement plan for life.” As a subject matter expert, you can play a significant role in supporting the end-to-end onboarding of employers and building the future of retirement in Canada.
- 3+ years experience in project management, account management, customer care, or fintech
- You are passionate about working closely with our clients to achieve an exceptional onboarding experience
- You are proficient in communicating technical information in plain language across multiple mediums
- You are detail-oriented and have a strong project management mind-set with an ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- You can translate client interactions into user experience improvements
- You can rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- You are practical, resourceful and thrive when you must figure things out
- You are confident in building relationships with employers and brokers
- You are a team player with a positive attitude, someone who is willing to pitch in and not afraid to ask for help
- You are committed to continuous learning
- You are open to feedback
- You can learn a complex new domain quickly
- Strong knowledge of group retirement plans and operational knowledge of plan setup processes would be an asset
Your main mission will be to help onboard new employers and their employees onto the Common Wealth platform. As part of our Employer Solutions team, you will:
- Own the client experience during onboarding, understanding the objectives and business requirements of employers implementing a Common Wealth plan
- Manage the end-to-end onboarding of new clients to the Common Wealth platform, coordinating with your colleagues in Sales and Customer Success
- Scheduling and running client kick-off meetings and check-ins
- Serving as primary point-of-contact for employers and external brokers/advisors for employer onboarding and implementation
- Supporting employee education sessions, including preparing presentations, delivering sessions, and coordinating with the employer
- Serve as a centre of expertise on CW’s product and client implementations for Common Wealth’s sales team and external broker/advisor partners
- Assist with development of Request For Proposal responses
- Provide up-to-date sales resources and collateral
- Drive product value by:
- Identifying tactics and strategies to drive participation and adoption by eligible employees at participating client workplaces
- Introducing new features to our clients
- Advocating for client product features; provide user feedback to the rest of the business to inform product features or operational improvements
- Following up with clients post-onboarding, identifying processing improvement opportunities and membership trends
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Common Wealth’s sales, operations, and product teams in order to troubleshoot and help clients
Our growing team combines expertise in the key disciplines necessary to help our customers achieve retirement success. This includes retirement and pension expertise, financial technology, financial regulation, operations and customer service, human-centric product design, and knowledge of the needs of employers. We have also formed partnerships with world-class investment and annuities providers, including BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, and Brookfield Annuity, a leading provider of group annuities.
What can Common Wealth Retirement offer you?
- Make a difference. Use your skills for good by helping more people achieve a secure retirement. The global retirement savings gap is estimated at $70 trillion. By making a dent in this problem, you will have a big impact.
- Accelerate your career. We are growing fast and need leaders who want to grow with us. You’ll get as many opportunities and responsibilities as you can handle, with support and guidance when you need it.
- Challenging problem. Retirement security is one of the most difficult problems in finance. Solutions require creativity and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Growth market. As people live longer, the need for efficient retirement security is likely to grow.
- Remote first team with a Toronto HQ. Common Wealth is located at the centre of one of the world’s most sophisticated ecosystems for retirement. We trust you to do your work, so we are flexible with where and when you do it, if you can collaborate effectively with us in a virtual world.
- Start-up nimbleness with less downside. Like many start-ups, we are small and can innovate quickly. But unlike other start-ups, we have been in business for over six years, meaning there is less risk associated with our business model than those firms that have yet to find product-market fit.
- Enticing total rewards. We pay competitively and lead by the example we set in that workplace financial security is not a trade-off. Our total compensation includes a dollar-for-dollar match into one of our award-winning retirement plans and company stock options (one of our values is to act like owners, so you should be one). Naturally, you will also receive basics like health, dental, vision care and life insurance. Salary range for this full-time permanent position is $80,000 – $110,000 per year.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer Success Manager (Employers)” in the subject line.
At Common Wealth Retirement, we believe that diversity in all its forms – including diversity of gender, race, nationality, age, and professional, educational, and socioeconomic background – is critical to building high-performing teams and serving a diverse customer base. Creating an inclusive work environment is a high priority and an area of continuous improvement. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.